Mauch Chunk Trust Company has been serving the financial needs of communities in the Poconos since 1902. With several new, national banks opening branches in their service areas, Mauch Chunk Trust realized they needed to update their marketing with a new look without sacrificing the concept of their historic roots in the community.
The marketing director for Mauch Chunk Trust was open to a wide variety of ideas but stressed that we could not redesign their existing logo. Mojave reviewed the existing marketing materials and decided:
- While the overall marketing materials were sufficient, there was a disconnect in style and continuity between the various products offered by the bank.
- The existing logo needed to remain consistent, although minor changes may be allowed.
- Client wanted to maintain historic legacy in its marketing.
- Minor updates to the existing logo to give it a cleaner, more polished look.
- Introduce brighter, more modern color scheme.
- Revise corporate letterhead, business cards and all printed materials.
- Redesign website to reflect new marketing changes.
- Provide more continuity across product platforms, including branding/logo for a new loans division.
While the branding in use at the time for Mauch Chunk Trust was adequate to its cause, Mojave was able to re-energize the look and feel of the bank’s marketing toolbox. Bright, bold colors, a streamlining of presentation and a polishing of the existing logo served to refresh MCT’s overall appearance. Mojave’s design of the new Loans Division logo added to the all-embracing concept of a historic financial institution being competitive in modern day banking.